Sunday, August 5, 2012

Jing--How did I ever get by without you?

I just recently began using a program called, Jing to capture screenshots and record screencasts. It's an amazing program and its totally free! Before this, to capture screenshots I did it the old fashioned way by using the PrtScn-->copy-->Paint-->Paste method. Jing definitely streamlines the process and it leaves a widget-of-sorts right on the top of my screen so I'm ready to copy & film whenever the mood strikes me. :)

I recently recorded this screencast on: Career Pathways: Good to Know

I feel so plugged into the techno-gadget/software world now that I'm in school again and I wonder if I'll be able to keep up once I finish the program. There are so many amazing things out there for us to try out and use in the cyber world. Sometimes, I just have to find myself geeking out over it a little bit!

Instructional videos are the way to go when you can't be there for every person needing help all at once. I'm happy to see so many libraries adopting screencasts into their websites.

No comments:

Post a Comment