Monday, August 1, 2011

Starting Over

I needed to create a blog for one of my school assignments. I typed in www.blogspot.com fully prepared to start fresh and register a new account and lo and behold... one of my old blogs are staring me in the face. I totally and completely forgot about this lame attempt at online journaling. I wanted to be like Doogie and have a digital journal, and look how far I got. One post.

LOL. OK. I'm starting over. This post is officially for LIBR 203.

Hello world!

The hardest part of starting anything new is fundamentally that. STARTING.

Since its school that's prompted me to turn off the Sims and shut off my Wii, I suppose I should begin by writing about how excited I am that I have this opportunity--nay, drive--to go back to school and work on MY dream. You know, there were so many times I felt going from pregnancy to pregnancy, toddler hood to preschool to grade school that I was just swimming in poopy diapers, temper tantrums and extremely unflattering nursing bras. I forgot how smart I used to be!

I love my kids. Its actually the understatement of the century.

But this post isn't about me loving my kids. Its about me going back to school. I was so excited last night, I could hardly sleep for knowing I could log in to my school account and start my very first class today.

I mean. I'm going to school to become a librarian. I'm imagining a public library. My most favorite one right now... its the La Mesa branch... great lighting, cute children's area... clean bathrooms with soap that just spanks almond cream. Its my happy place. If I were a dragon, this would be my treasure cave. Rows and rows of old books, new books, big books, small, hard cover, soft cover--all neatly stacked and organized for my borrowing pleasure. Its quiet, people are reading... they're wi-fi'ing... everyone's learning. Knowledge is growing.

Did I mention how GOOD the bathroom soap smells?

One of these days, I'm going to get to work in a place like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment