Monday, August 15, 2011

Blech. Way to Kill the Mood, Dude.

My husband makes the most disgusting coffee. EVER.

I feel so strongly about this, I had to dedicate an entire blog to justify my feelings.

Before I go off in a total rant about this, I just have to tell you about my latest experience with school. I'm still geeking out over it. =)

I just finished my first online Elluminate Live! session--online conference using a headset and mic to get in touch with the rest of my virtual classmates--and man was it a totally AWESOME experience. To think, with the use of computers and social media tools, the whole "going to school" idea has totally and completely changed! I could literally go to school without going anywhere! I knew full well going into this session though that there wouldn't be video, still, I felt compelled to at least change my shirt.

So maybe this concept isn't new to you. Maybe you've had your fair share of teleconferencing and skype, vid-chat, creepy tech support where they take over your computer and test drive it to troubleshoot and whatever else is out there I haven't quite learned about yet, but to this House Troll, a whole new world of possibilities has just been opened up. Its really not all that different from the age old, AOL IM and your computer's basic "paint" to digitally scribble scrabble but the concept of using it as a classroom discussion tool complete with microphone was just so intriguing to me. Like I previously mentioned, I'm still coming down off my high--literally GEEKING out over it. *laugh*

[dot] [dot] [dot]

*serious face*

Needless to say, I had a very positive experience which was ultimately nearly RUINED by a pot of extremely BAD coffee.

I don't know why I forget every single time, but the man really makes such strong coffee you could add a whole cup of creamer to the stuff and it really doesn't change the color one bit. That's how you know it's really strong. Also, its so stiff just drinking it turns my teeth instantaneously BROWN for the rest of the day. Seriously. Hotness, I know. Everyone wants to be me.

To recap:

Elluminate = Good! Stupendous! Powerfully enlightening!!

Dave's Coffee = nuclear waste! Take-me-to-the-ER-to-have-my-stomach-pumped AWFUL!

Goodnight virtual world. At least one of us should get some sleep tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment